This article outlines five simple ways to empower a person with a disability.
- See the Person First, Not the Disability
- Ask Questions to Learn About the Person Behind the Disability
- Listen to the Person Behind the Disability
- Encourage Decision Making to Promote Independence for People with Disabilities
- Promote Disability Inclusivity
Whether you are an employer, a friend, or a caregiver of a person with a disability, it is important to empower those who live with a disability to embracing their own sense of identity.
As a society, we should contribute to breaking down the stigma around people living with disabilities and foster a more diverse and inclusive society that welcomes everyone to take part in it.
Find the resource by clicking the button below: