About the Role
The TrailRider Marketing Volunteer assists with promoting and raising awareness of the TrailRider, a unique assistive device that makes hiking and exploring the outdoors more accessible to people with limited mobility.
Estimated Time Commitment
- Ten (10) to twenty (20) hours per month performing market review, customer outreach and other marketing-related functions
- attend an orientation and training session (via video conference) about the Disability Foundation, BCMOS and the TrailRider
- review TrailRider materials, product information and other relevant background to orient and familiarize with the device, its uses and users, the competitive environment, etc.
- assist the TrailRider Coordinator to prepare and execute a marketing plan for the TrailRider
- participate in the creation and implementation of marketing materials
- explore and pursue promising avenues for TrailRider adoption and sales
- follow up and provide information and support to interested individuals and groups, as well as to prior TrailRider purchasers
- assist with invoicing, packaging and shipping TrailRiders to confirmed customers
- other related duties, as required
Qualifications & Notes
- positive attitude and passion for the outdoors
- strong communication and interpersonal skills
- experience creating marketing plans, materials and events
- understanding of disability and issues related to accessibility and inclusion
- solid working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office and SharePoint
- strong attention to detail
- exceptional client/customer service track record
The Disability Foundation and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with work environments free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at the Disability Foundation are based on business needs, job requirements, applicant qualifications, and laws protecting the vulnerable sector, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, or cognitive disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.