Community Garden Maintenance Crew
About the Role
- Love working as part of a team? Help DIGA maintain the public areas of the community gardens
- Assist with compost maintenance, green bins, beautification, spring start-up & fall clean-up, construction projects and tool repairs
- Up to 10 hrs per week from May to September
- Preferably with driver’s license to travel to our community gardens
- We have 6 gardens – up to 4 volunteers needed per garden
- Location of gardens: Pandora Park, Woodland Park, Still Creek Community Garden at Slocan Park, Kerrisdale Community Garden, Maple Community Garden and GF Strong Garden
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Sheryl Newman, Volunteer Management Coordinator, at email@example.com
We thank all volunteer applicants; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The Disability Foundation and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with work environments free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at the Disability Foundation are based on business needs, job requirements, applicant qualifications, and laws protecting the vulnerable sector, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, or cognitive disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.